Gas-insulated high-voltage switchgear (GIS) is a compact metal encapsulated switchgear consisting of high-voltage components such as circuit-breakers and disconnectors, which can be safely operated in confined spaces. GIS is used where space is limited, for example, extensions, in city buildings, on roofs, on offshore platforms, industrial plants and hydro power plants. But if GIS works under a heavy load environment, once internal abnormal, it is easy to have serious adverse consequences. CCIC provide high quality Gas-insulated switchgear Inspection Service in China and abroad, to ensure safety and stable operation of entire power grid.
Common fault analysis during Gas-insulated switchgear Inspection
- In GIS switch, SF6 gas is used as insulating carrier. Due to omission in the installation process, tightness test is not done in the connection, which leads to the leakage in use of GIS equipment
- Due to aging of insulator of ground switch, ground switch fails due to degradation of insulator performance. When current capacity exceeds bearing range, the serious consequence of short circuit will happend.
- Once cracks, depressions and other defects occur in solid modium of GIS switching equipment, as well as surface moisture, it will lead to electric field intensity change, which will lead to GIS fault and even cause explosion accident in serious cases.
- Spring mechanism damage
- Abnormal sound inside circuit breaker and pipe
- The secondary control circuit is interrupted and the contact of auxiliary switch is bad
- Hydraulic leakage
Our Gas-insulated switchgear Inspection activities covered:
- Henan Pinggao Toshiba High-Voltage Switchgear Co.,Ltd
- Siemens High Voltage Switchgear Co., Ltd. Shanghai
- Xiamen ABB High Voltage Switch Co., Ltd.
- New Northeast Electric Group High Voltage Switchgear Co.,Ltd
- Henan Pinggao Electric Co.,Ltd
- Xi’an XD High Voltage Switchgear Co.,Ltd
- Hyundai Heavy industries (China) Electric Co.,Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Activity During Production Inspection
- Functional Test
- Mechanical Operating Test
- Operation (Switchgear, Disconnector, High Speed Earth Switch & Earth Switch)
- SF6 gas moitoring
- Main Circuit resistance measurement
- High Voltage Impact Test
- CT & VT test
World Class Quality Service for GIS Equipments include:
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Power Transformer Inspection
- Vendor Audits
- FAT Test
- Document Control